Assembly, Integration, and Test (AIT) Engineer
An Assembly, Integration, and Test (AIT) Engineer is required for one of the world’s leading satellites manufacturers. We are seeking to expand our AIT team to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead all activities within the spacecraft assembly, integration, and test phase.
- Prepare and participate in all spacecraft environmental tests: mechanical, thermal, & EMC
- Review test results and raise Non-conformance reports when necessary.
- Produce test reports and communicate results to wider project team
- Define and work to improve a standard set of company AIT procedures & processes
- Feedback lessons learned from AIT phase to future projects
- Author spacecraft AIT plans and individual test procedures
- Review new spacecraft designs for implications and impacts on the AIT phase.
- Specify & design new Ground Support Equipment (GSE) as needed to support AIT
- Oversee and maintain tidiness and safe working practices in the AIT clean room
- BEng, BSc or higher degree in engineering, science, or maths
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the build and test of spacecraft (candidates with broader experience in the space industry will also be considered)
- An understanding of the types of standard tests required during a spacecraft AIT campaign.
- High level of practical `hands-on’ application of engineering
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in investigating system level problems and resolving defects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the drive to complete tasks on schedule
- 5 years’ experience in the build and test of spacecraft
- Previous experience working specifically with cubesats
- A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards) relating to verification and testing
- Experience of managing teams in dynamic environments
Please apply NOW for more information!