Design Draughtsperson (Hertfordshire, UK)
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|
Eurospace Resourcing is recruiting a permanent Design Draughtsperson to work for an exciting client in Hertfordshire.
We are looking for a Design Draughtsperson to work with our team and convert designs into 3D drawings and instructions.
Design Draughtsperson responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with machining and assembly processes, with configuration control experience (can be given) we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed products.
- Liaising with engineers to gather product and design requirements
- Creating 3D models and 2D Drawings and work instructions
- Configuration and data control
- Calculating dimensions, and requirements in materials
- Liaise with engineers to gather product and design requirements
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (SolidWorks CAD) software
- Design diagrams, and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Proven work experience as a Design Draughtsperson with ideally 2-5 years relevant work experience
- BTEC or a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with SolidWorks (CAD) software is essential
- Familiarity with 3D modelling and 2D drawings
- Good maths skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to fit within a small team
Please apply now for more information!