Java Software Engineer
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
My client delivers a wide range of software services, solutions and consultancy to our clients in the space industry. They develop robust, real-world software and provide supporting services that create a real benefit to our customers. Their solutions are frequently at the core of our clients’ operations and therefore critical to their business. Delivering these solutions requires partnership and mutual trust, which we pride ourselves on and promote amongst our workforce.
About the Role
They are recruiting for an enthusiastic Java Developer to join the team in Bristol.
Working within the Space Division is both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for applicants who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to develop their career and help to shape the future of the Division.
You will be involved in exciting projects in the space industry. We are also developing an exciting new product to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
As a Software Developer, you will be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle and will be responsible for the implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You may also have the opportunity to visit the customer site to assist with testing and provide support or training.
- A software engineering background with solid development experience in Java.
- An understanding and appreciation of software development best practice, including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
- Experience of working successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills; it is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a scientific discipline
- Programming within an eclipse environment using Java
- Linux systems
- Software design and UML
- Knowledge of programming in C/C++
- Requirements engineering
- Understanding of verification and validation
- Knowledge of spacecraft planning systems would be useful
- Knowledge of HLA will be an advantage
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Willing to travel to customer sites
- Security Clearance (or a willingness to undergo the process of acquiring it) is desirable
What’s in It for you?
Competitive salaries, generous benefits packages, as well as offering our employees the opportunity to develop themselves whilst working on some incredibly exciting projects. We have flexible working hours, free onsite parking, an onsite café, and even a free gym in our HQ.
Please apply NOW for more information!