My client is an award winning space hardware business and this is your opportunity to join their exciting and expanding team!
- Perform day to day MAIT activities to ensure successful delivery of the MAIT phase of internal and external funded projects including (not exhaustive): writing manufacturing plans, writing assembly procedures, writing test plans, writing test procedures, writing test reports. Travelling to different sites to manage integration/test of hardware to different test facilities – Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, Radio Frequency range testing.
- Support in and assembly of R&D and flight hardware
- Support in and testing of R&D and flight hardware including functional testing/electrical testing/vibration/shock/TVAC/RF testing.
- Support the Head of MAIT in facility management
- Support the Project PA Managers in defining/writing qualified MAIT processes when required
- Monitor and report on progress of the MAIT activities to Head of MAIT
- Identify and propose business improvements and if approved support the implementation
- Support customer/internal reviews
- Visit sub-contractors/suppliers when required
- Visit customer sites when required
- Support business development team inputting into proposals for customers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong Bachelor’s degree-level in engineering/physics related subject or HNC minimum with very strong relevant experience
- Apprentice trained a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of the Space Industry is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of using ECSS standards
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration, Test (functional testing, Electrical bonding/isolation, Vibration, shock, TVAC, kinematic testing of deployable systems)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrate a common sense/pragmatic and logical approach to problem-solving – ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to meet objectives
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time
- Driven by technical challenges, problem-solving and practical implementation of new ideas
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with other members of the team
- Ability to gain SC clearance (be resident in the UK for at least 5 years)
Competitive salary, company pension, holidays, etc.
Please apply NOW for more information!