Mechanical Design Draughtsperson
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|
Our client is an exciting space hardware company and we are currently recruiting a Mechanical Design Draughtsperson to join their expanding team!
- Assist project team in producing CAD model of spacecraft hardware on SolidWorks.
- Mechanical drawings creation on SolidWorks, in accordance with BS 8888.
- Mechanical drawings creation of assembly jigs and test rigs.
- Apply tolerances according to functionality and manufacturability.
- Configure parts using SolidWorks PDM enterprise.
- Check drawings created by other team members.
- Create Bills of Materials for procurement.
- Provide technical support to procurement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical diploma or degree in mechanical engineering related subject.
- Knowledge of manufacturing technics to be able to design for manufacture.
- Ability to critic design to improve ease of manufacture.
- Understanding of engineering materials, surface treatments and finishes.
- High level of experience using CAD software packages for mechanical design (preferably SolidWorks) is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- At least 2 years experience of working in the space industry or other regulated industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with ECSS would be an advantage.
- The ability to quickly understand new technical concepts is essential.
- Due to the sensitive nature of projects applicants must be eligible to gain SC clearance (normally have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years), exceptions will be reviewed on individual merit.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical English written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to meet objectives.
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones.
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with other members of the team
Please apply NOW for more information!