|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|
The company has a passion for innovation, high quality engineering and creating high performance RF components, products and systems. We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to support core sales business and projects.
The successful candidate will have experience of using Solidworks 3D package and preferably Solidworks PDM, they will have experience in the mechanical component manufacturing industry, preferably RF Microwave. Liaise with the suppliers to provide the necessary information and will be responsible for ensuring the assemblies and systems have the required documentation to be manufactured and assembled to rigorous standards.
The successful candidate will have industry experience in manufacturing and working with production and engineering departments for the best possible resolution to the requirement.
- Understand Mechanical design requirements (Electrical understanding desired)
- Develop and manage the necessary systems for the progressing of designs into manufacturing via BOM’s Etc.
- Assist production with the writing of assembly instruction and provide additional shop floor support as required.
- Creating 2D drawings for manufacture, creation of Bills of Materials.
- Managing change control via Solidworks PDM (training will be provided if required)
- Establish and maintain good working relationships, working in a team or alone.
Skills and Qualifications
The candidate will ideally be experienced in all the above, be hands on and fit in a small team environment. Be qualified by experience and/or training, have excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, able to manage the day to day activities un-supervised.
Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written, good skills in Microsoft products, ideally, working knowledge of ERP although not essential.
Consequently, we offer long term opportunities for ongoing career development and training to suit individual needs.
Qualifications: Degree Qualified/HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Mechanical Design
- 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks
- 2D Drawing
- Mechanical Assembly, Sub-assembly and Component Design
- Prototype Manufacture support
- Design for Manufacture
- Component Specifying and BOM Creation
- Design to meet Legislative and Technical Requirements
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient English verbal & written communication (required)
- Experienced user of Solidworks & Solidworks PDM (advantageous)
- Relevant background experience as an Engineer essential
- Ability to work solo and as part of a team to ensure departmental objectives are achieved (required)