Mechanical Project Engineer / Technical Manager
Our client is an exciting space hardware company who are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer / Technical Manager to join their exciting and expanding award winning company.
- Develop clear understanding of customer requirements and impact on designs to determine sensitivities
- Demonstrate a clear and logical approach to problem solving
- Perform design and analysis (mechanical-structural, thermal and dynamic-vibration) to support projects
- Creation and documentation of design concepts and development plans through engagement with appropriate functional teams
- Preparation of thorough and detailed analysis reports which focus on the verification of requirements
- Documentation of test plans and detailed procedures through interaction with test facilities and teams
- Support technical reviews with customers
- Provide technical support to manufacture and test activities
- Support business development team in preparing technical proposals for customers
- Assist in the production and presentation of technical papers for industry conferences and peer reviewed journals
- Visit customer sites in support of business development activities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- It is essential that the candidate should have a strong Bachelor’s degree-level in Mechanical engineering from a reputable university. Additional postgraduate (Masters or above) education is preferred, especially if relevant to space engineering
- Previous engineering experience working at a senior level (>5 years)
- Previous experience of the Space Industry (1 to 2 years) or a strong desire to work in the space industry is essential
- Familiarity with ECSS standards highly desirable
- Experience in active and passive thermal control of Spacecraft
- Experience with shape memory alloys/composites in spacecraft deployment elements
- Must be able to conduct complex static, thermal, thermo-elastic and random vibration analyses using SW professional/ANSYS/ESATAN/FEMAP.
- The ability to quickly understand new technical concepts is essential
- Experience with software packages for mechanical, thermal analysis and mathematical modelling (SW professional, ANSYS, Matlab etc) is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Practical experience of building (space) mechanisms or mobile structures (i.e. mechanism that act as both deployment and support structures) and validating them through testing is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to meet objectives
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task
- Ability to work within defined time-scales to meet programme milestones
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time
- Driven by technical challenges, problem solving and practical implementation of new ideas
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with other members of the team
- Ability to gain SC clearance. (Be resident in the UK for at least 5 years)
Please apply NOW for more information!