|Job Category||Project Management|
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Project Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to exciting space company. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for our missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team as needed in support of projects and operations.
- Overall responsibility for the design and delivery of spacecraft (or aspects thereof) on complex engineering missions. To be achieved via the coordination of matrixed project / engineering teams.
- Planning and delivery of project review gates, including management and production of associated deliverables.
- Define and maintain an appropriate balance of quality, cost, schedule, and risk, whilst delivering projects and their associated deliverables.
- Generate project inputs to mission concept studies, technical or non-technical packages of work, and bid work, in support of the wider business.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and programme partners as necessary in support of project, bids, or similar activities.
- Report and be internally accountable to business and senior management.
- 3+ years’ experience in project or programme management, ideally in the space or aerospace industries. Track record of successful mission delivery.
- Complete ‘technical’ project management skillset (delivery, schedule, financial, risk management, etc)
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with a close-knit team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Production and maintenance of project management deliverables for internal and external stakeholders. Includes contractual deliverables, schedules, reports, risk registers, project and financial reporting, etc.
- Experience of planning and completing project review gates (Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
- Experience of working closely with Systems Engineering teams, including a high-level understanding of Systems activities such as architecture definition, CONOPS, requirements derivation, etc.
- Experience working with spacecraft sub-system functional teams such as Guidance Navigation Control (GNC / AOCS), Command & Data Handing (C&DH / OBDH), Propulsion, Software, Ground Segment, Operations, etc.
- Awareness of Assembly Integration and Verification processes (integration, subsystem / integrated / environmental testing etc).
- Experience of supplier management or satellite part procurement.
- Practical understanding and application of lean engineering methodologies.
- High personal standards & desire for honesty, openness, and integrity.
- An understanding of people, coupled with the desire to lead by example and bring a team with you to achieve mutual success. A willingness to put a team’s requirements before one’s own when appropriate, balanced with the ability to hold difficult conversations when necessary.
- A can-do approach, and drive to work together to achieve collective success within a project management & company team framework.
- Full mission lifecycle experience from requirements definition to verification, delivery, commissioning and operations.
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Technical career / background, ideally within space or aerospace sectors.
- An understanding of engineering process, with knowledge of large satellite company or agency design principles e.g. ECSS. (alongside aforementioned familiarity of lean or agile project implementation methodologies).
- The ability to understand, influence, and negotiate, coupled with the desire to seek mutually beneficial outcomes in forum environments.
- Experience working with challenging customers, partners, or suppliers.
- Evidence of successfully ‘unblocking’ and closing out behind schedule / cost overrun projects (or aspects thereof).
- Experience of bid support, company financial accounting, quality / product assurance (QA / PA), or business development work.
- Knowledge of the wider framework including licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- Experience successfully collaborating with personnel from different countries and cultures in a fast-paced technical working environment.
Please apply NOW for more information!