Senior Network Communications Systems Engineer
An exciting satellite operator is seeking a self-motivated individual to provide expert support with regards to all aspects of networks communications and core network engineering in a fast-paced operational environment.
The employee will support the development, test, implementation, validation and end to end operation of a new network communication ground segment concept in order to deliver high quality of service capabilities.
- Build, configure, test and maintain satellite communications & core network solutions.
- Ensure maximum service availability through proactive maintenance and monitoring.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for timely resolution of network communication subsystems problems.
- Support the operational team as required.
- Provide timely reporting to management for critical and routine activities.
Skills & Qualifications required
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience on various network solutions (e.g. Juniper, Cisco, routers, switched, firewalls, etc.) including network design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- A network communications engineering, electrical engineer, computer science degree or equivalent accreditation.
- Excellent understanding on satellite core networks infrastructure and communications ground system design.
- Excellent use of traffic analysis/monitoring tools with the ability to undertake verification and validation of traffic performance data.
- Excellent degree of understanding on technical areas: Networking Protocols, IP, PSTN, VPN, MPLS, VLAN, WAN and QoS.
- Good knowledge and understanding of satellite design, assembly integration & testing methodology
- Ability to keep up to speed with new networking technologies and to become technical subject matter expert.
- Willingness to work occasionally long hours under pressure as part of the on-call potential requirement of the role.
- Excellent business writing and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- A passionate desire to take on challenging analysis and minor programming tasks in order to deliver innovative network solutions in a timely manner.
- Personal drive to take the organization on the higher ranks of the satellite industry.
- A demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking.
- Courage to act upon convictions.
- Flexibility to travel and work periodically in different facilities, worldwide.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Provide candid feedback.
- Ability to face up to problems quickly and take action.
Please apply NOW for more information!