Senior Power Systems Engineer
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Power Systems Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the future of the company. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for our missions.
- Lead development and design activities for Power sub-systems on the spacecraft:
- derive and maintain sub-system requirements
- define and develop sub-system architecture
- perform trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
- developing power budgets
- define FMECA and FDIR processes
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of power system equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of power system equipment. Participate in review of the deliverables in support of the project milestones.
Essential Skills & experience
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites.
- Understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing.
- Experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness of the storage & handling requirements for batteries.
- Experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures.
- Experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Operational experience of power systems on spacecraft missions.
- Experience of analysis radiation tolerances and knowledge of radiation hardness assurance for Low Earth Orbit applications.
Please apply NOW for more information!