Senior Propulsion Engineer / Lead
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Propulsion Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for missions.
- Lead development and design activities for the Propulsion Sub-systems on spacecraft:
- derive and maintain sub-system requirements
- define and develop sub-system architecture
- analysis, design and sizing of both chemical propulsion (CP) and electric propulsion (EP) systems
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different propulsion scenarios and architectures, including development of any models and tools necessary for analysis.
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Selection of relevant components for CP and EP, understanding the intricacies of buy/make decisions.
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of propulsion equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of propulsion equipment.
- Supporting test engineers with testing of models (functional e.g. thrust analysis, environmental e.g. vibe, thermal, TVAC), requirements verification, analysis of test data and correlation with propulsion technical models.
Essential Skills & experience
- Diploma; Bachelor or Master’s degree in propulsion, mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Commercial experience in propulsion systems analysis, design / procurement and test for satellites.
- An in depth understanding of the trade-offs in application of Chemical Propulsion and Electrical Propulsion systems.
- A good knowledge of propulsion suppliers and products and the state-of-the-art in propulsion systems and propulsion R&D.
- Good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
- Good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing.
Please apply NOW for more information!