Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the company. The role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for missions.
- Assist the generation of mechanical spacecraft and hardware requirements.
- Plan and lead the mechanical design of hardware including spacecraft structure, mechanisms, unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Work closely with Mechanical Analysis Engineer on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Work with AIV team to ensure that mechanical design considers ease of manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Define and perform hardware related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, Assembly Integration and Verification phases, and Launch campaigns.
- Lead structural testing of flight and engineering related hardware.
- Generate and maintain MCAD related documentation including specifications, part / assembly / ICD drawings, procedures, work instructions, reports, etc.
- Support and generate inputs to project lifecycle reviews (PDR, CDR, etc).
- Support Procurement Manager with manufacturing supply chain.
- Assist company-wide projects and activities as an integrated member of the team.
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 5+ years of experience as mechanical design engineer in space industry.
- Experience as mechanical lead of a space mission.
- Extensive proficiency using CAD software packages such as SolidWorks, SpaceClaim, AutoCAD, CATIA, NX, etc.
- Experience performing FEA using structural analysis software packages such as Ansys.
- Ability to prepare and execute to a project plan.
- Ability to coordinate and lead a team.
- Background and proficiency performing FEA using structural analysis software.
- Experience designing innovative spacecraft mechanisms and/or mechanical packaging solutions.
Please apply NOW for more information!