|Job Category||Systems Engineering|
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated GNC Engineer at their facility in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for missions.
- Contribute to Guidance, Navigation and Control systems and design activities for missions: derive and maintain AOCS (Attitude & Orbit Control System)/GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) sub-system requirements.
- Support development of GNC hardware architecture, trade-off analysis of hardware towards an overall GNC hardware solution.
- Support trade-off and selection of GNC equipment.
- Contribute to system level activities, such as: developing mission CONOPS (Concept of Operations), defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes and design, system test and verification activities.
- Contribute to current development-focussed GNC activities as well as future production-focussed GNC activities e.g. QA (Quality Assurance) processes.
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Experience of designing highly fault-tolerant aspects of GNC systems e.g. fault-tolerant algorithm / software design, RPO (Rendezvous & Proximity Operations) fault detection etc.
- Experience of GNC Hardware AIT (Assembly, Integration and Test).
- Experience of Design-for-Test methodologies.
- Practical working knowledge of digital electronics relevant to a GNC system (communications protocols, satellite Command & Data Handling, digital integration to enable Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing etc.)
- Can strike a good balance between a creative approach to Engineering and being able to deliver on time to business requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with GNC rendezvous and pose estimation sensors and methods.
- Experience of Microsatellite (~100-200kg) GNC design.
- Experience of on-orbit GNC analysis, debug and refinement.
- Experience of computer languages commonly used for aerospace algorithm simulations e.g. MATLAB/Simulink and Python.
- Experience of satellite trajectory design and analysis e.g. passively safe trajectories, abort manoeuvres and collision avoidance manoeuvres.
- Knowledge of orbital debris removal including licensing, export, regulation, space law.
Please apply NOW for more information!