Ground Segment Software Engineer
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Ground Segment Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
- Lead the development of Mission Control System (MCS) and or Simulator
- Support the supplier’s development team acting as a Product Owner.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Process and procedure definition and evaluation.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Interface with supplier’s technical teams regarding the ground segment.
- Perform the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Participate in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Provide support to the definition of Concept of Operations.
- Document generation and support.
- Supporting the operations team to resolve technical issues and providing advice on best practice.
- Provide technical expertise on Simulation
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of SIMULUS
- Knowledge of Ground Stations.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Knowledge of C++ and or Java programming languages.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of mission simulators
Please apply NOW for more information!