Space Sales and Marketing Director
|Job Category||Business Development|
The Sales and Marketing Director is a key member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Managing Director. This role is responsible for all marketing, business development, and sales activities, including growth strategy development, sales opportunity creation, and management of sales and marketing team, which is expected to grow over the next 1-3 years.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Sales and Marketing Director will have the opportunity to shape the future of the business and will be key in driving business results. They will provide advice to the MD, and corporate leadership team on the overall UK/EMEA market and customer engagement strategies.
- Identify and capture commercial revenue and growth in EMEA.
- Identify and capture of institutional support and investment in the regions above
- Lead sales by ensuring execution, revenue attainment, and probability and bookings predictions in support of the business plan.
- Provide tactical insights to improve sales productivity and drive lessons learned initiatives to continually improve pursuit strategies
- Help define must wins and pursuit priorities
- Accurate and complete opportunity forecasting within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and ability to multitask several open pursuits at one time
- Accountable for proper development of opportunity review materials and overseeing the sales review process, including bid/no-bid decisions
- Develop winning proposals
- Develop a winning strategy in concert with other key stakeholders
- Support the development of a clear competitive analysis, customer needs analysis and product value proposition
- Identify resource requirements for proposals
- Ensure the solution supports the price to win
- Write key sections and assure it is a winning proposal
- Assure customer follow-up, as needed, on all proposals
- Manage External Communications team with outreach and messaging, including feeding into development of promotional materials.
- Support customer presentations & communications
- Ability to translate customer, product, and competitor strategies into clear, tailored value propositions for products and services, maintaining close collaboration with other company entities
- Lead presence at trade shows and other customer facing activities
Strategic Partnership Management
- Liaison with external parties to drive technology business development in support of additional revenues opportunities and partnerships.
- Manage the leadership interface and programs with ESA and National Space Agencies in the regions above.
- Coordinate innovation opportunities from the idea to concept prototyping to final approval in collaboration with CTO, Finance and Commercial.
- Active role in the company Management Team
- Act in good faith and in the best interests of the company
- Provide organisational and strategic implications to UK MD
- Provide clear leadership, and direction for Marketing and Sales Activities in the UK
Line Management responsibilities
- To provide clear leadership and director level support/guidance, motivate and develop the employees in the Sales and Marketing Function. This currently includes Head of Business Analysis and Marketing Communications Manager.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in the space sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a global team and the UK multi-disciplined engineering team.
- The drive and enthusiasm to work independently on sales related activities in EMEA and use your initiative.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems and concerns in a timely manner.
- Be able to communicate with staff, customers, and suppliers at all levels.
- Be able to work in a busy, creative environment, reacting to new requests and initiatives as they arrive.
- Experienced People Manager, who can motivate and manage a sales and marketing team.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, combined with a results driven attitude.
- Experience of working in a start-up.
- Strong connections and extensive network in the Space Industry in UK and Europe.
Apply now for more information!