Senior Spacecraft Simulator Engineer
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Senior Spacecraft Simulator Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the space industry.
We are looking for an experienced Simulator Engineer with an interest in space systems modelling to join our simulator development group. As part of the group, you will work in all aspects of software development, from analysis and design, through to testing and deployment.
- Design, implement and test spacecraft simulator software as part of a team of software and aerospace engineers
- Develop Spacecraft subsystem models based on requirements
- Validate and deploy Simulator products in environments
- Maintain the Simulator products during the entire life cycle
- Create Simulation scripts based on operational scenarios
- Provide technical expertise on Simulation to projects and teams
- Support the Operations team in writing standard Operational procedures by providing advice on how the flight software and Spacecraft works.
- Write start up scripts to configure the simulators as required for the different operational configurations
- Perform maintenance activities on Simulators to ensure highest availability to users.
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Space Systems, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in modelling and simulator development
- Extensive knowledge of SIMULUS framework.
- Experience with SIMULUS and SIMSAT is mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Flight Software, embedded software development and Spacecraft.
- Experience in debugging and validating Simulator systems.
- Knowledge of C++, Java and Java Script programming languages.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Work in a team as well as independently.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Please apply NOW for more information!