Our client is recruiting an experienced and motivated Spacecraft Mechanical CAD Engineer.
- Generation of mechanical spacecraft, subsystem, and unit level requirements.
- Plan the mechanical design of hardware including spacecraft structure, mechanisms, unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Work closely with Mechanical Analysis Engineer on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Work with AIV team to ensure that mechanical design considers ease of manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Define and perform hardware-related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, Assembly Integration and Verification phases, and Launch campaigns.
- Lead structural testing of flight and engineering-related hardware.
- Generate and maintain MCAD related documentation including specifications, part/assembly / ICD drawings, procedures, work instructions, reports, etc.
- Generate inputs to project lifecycle reviews (PDR, CDR, etc).
- Support Procurement Manager with the manufacturing supply chain.
- Assist company-wide projects and activities as a member of the global team.
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 3+ years of experience as a mechanical design engineer in the space industry.
- Proficient ideally using SolidWorks, or alternatively other CAD software packages such as SpaceClaim, AutoCAD, CATIA, NX, etc.
- Ability to prepare and deliver to a project plan.
- Experience working in a start-up environment or SME.
- Experience performing FEA using structural analysis software packages such as Ansys.
- Experience designing innovative spacecraft related hardware and / or efficient mechanical solutions.
Please apply NOW for more information!