Our client is recruiting a motivated Spacecraft Structural Engineer to join their team and to be part of their exciting mission.
- Contribute to the development of spacecraft.
- Consider customer and internal requirements, objectives, and commercial constraints (cost, schedule), whilst doing so.
- Conceive Initial structural architectures and layouts.
- Perform initial sizing analysis (structural analysis including FEM; Finite Element Modelling).
- Work with systems engineers and other subsystems teams to arrive at structural design solutions which satisfy the mission and subsystem requirements.
- Perform detailed FEM analysis and design to ensure that spacecraft structures accommodate spacecraft equipment, subsystems, and payloads within their environmental qualification limits.
- Generate structural development and verification plans and procedures to describe how compliance to requirements will be demonstrated, including writing mechanical test, measurement, and alignment plans.
- Work with launch service providers to agree on demonstration of compliance with launch vehicle requirements and environments, where necessary.
- Support mechanical aspects of system integration, such as producing spacecraft top assembly drawings, and spacecraft mass property management, etc.
- Act as a subject domain reviewer on company projects.
- An understanding of spacecraft structural design, including an understanding of major load types experienced by spacecraft during a mission lifecycle (quasi-static loading, vibration, acoustic, shock).
- 3+ years of experience as a Structural Engineer in the space industry.
- Experience of leading an end to end development cycle of a small to medium-sized spacecraft (over 50kg in mass).
- Experience of working with and designing solutions with a variety of structural materials, including metallic alloys and composites.
- A strong grounding in mechanical engineering principles with a relevant academic qualification.
- Experience of working in a project team in a close and cooperative manner, to generate spacecraft solutions which meet overall mission and project requirements.
- Experienced user of Finite Element Modelling and analysis tools.
- Proactive team working approach.
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for delivery of own work, within agreed project budgets and schedules
- Able to generate 3D designs and layouts using CAD modelling tools
- Working knowledge of other related disciplines (MCAD, propulsion systems, space mechanisms, thermal subsystems)
- A working understanding of spacecraft systems
Please apply NOW for more information!