|Job Category||Systems Engineering|
A System Engineer is required for our System team to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced Engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mission concept design & trade studies
- Perform role of technical lead for new spacecraft missions, co-ordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines
- Communicate regular technical updates to the customer(s)
- Control interfaces within the spacecraft platform and with customer payloads.
- Requirements and verification management
- Define concept of operations to control and operate the Spacecraft systems.
- Support AIT team, during assembly and test of spacecraft, to ensure requirements are met and any non-conformances are assessed.
- Support Operations team during the commissioning of Spacecraft in-flight
- Support Business Development team with technical input to proposals.
- BEng, BSc or higher degree in engineering, science, or maths
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a system engineer within the space industry (note: experience of other disciplines within the space industry will also be considered)
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations.
- The ability to work to meet tight deadlines and progress several different projects in parallel.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- 5 years’ experience working as a system engineer within the space industry
- Previous experience working specifically with CubeSats
- A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards relevant to Space engineering)
- Experience with 1 or more of the software items below:
- Requirements management tools, i.e. IBM DOORS
- CAD software, ie. SolidWorks
- Numerical computing environments, i.e. MATLAB, Python
- Orbital simulation tools, i.e. STK
Please apply NOW for more information!